WEBINAR - Archives
- Category: Webinar Archives
- Created on Thursday, 09 November 2017
Symptoms of fatigue, weight gain or inability to lose weight, hair loss, constipation, dry skin and trouble focusing and concentrating are common. Although these symptoms can be related to many other hormonal and medical conditions, they are often the result of a sluggish or low functioning thyroid gland. We are pleased to present a comprehensive review of thyroid function and its critical role in health and stabilization of our metabolism.
To learn more about thyroid gland disorders, healing options and other ways to enhance your energy and health, please join us with Dr. Kristi Tompkins, a Naturopathic Medical Doctor specializing in comprehensive hormone support and balance, for Optimize Your Thyroid and Metabolism: A Functional Medicine Approach.
If left untreated, reduced or irregular thyroid function can worsen especially with advancing age, menopause, increased weight gain, environmental toxins and quite commonly chronic stress and unhealthy lifestyle choices. Fortunately, the thyroid gland can be rebalanced through healthy, nutritional treatments, restoring metabolism.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to understand:
• The prevalence and statistics of various thyroid conditions;
• The physiology and importance of the thyroid gland and how it affects the entire body;
• How other hormones affect the function of the thyroid gland;
• The various thyroid disorders, their symptoms and how they impact the health of the body;
• Each thyroid hormone and thyroid marker and their importance in the body
• The most comprehensive approach to testing the thyroid and metabolism, beyond the TSH;
• Both conventional and functional medicine ways to treat a thyroid disorder;
• Various vitamins, minerals, botanical medicine options that support and enhance the thyroid gland;
• How diet, nutrition and lifestyle factors affect the thyroid gland in a positive and adverse way.
Dr. Kristi Tompkins is a professionally licensed Naturopathic Doctor practicing in El Dorado County in Northern California with an established practice helping patients using natural, effective and safe therapies that heal illnesses and prevent chronic diseases. She believes in investigating and addressing the root causes of patients’ conditions and symptoms. She embraces the need for every type of medical care, values a collaborative approach to healing and believes every person has the right to choose their own health care path.
Dr. Tompkins earned a 4-year post doctorate degree in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University in Washington, an internationally well-regarded institution recognized for its intensive naturopathic medical curriculum and cutting edge clinical research studies. Prior to becoming a Doctor, she received a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from California State University, Chico. An essential foundation to excellent health and longevity, nutrition continues to be a passion that she honors professionally with patients as well as in her personal life.
Dr. Tompkins practices family medicine, treats patients of all ages, with an emphasis on endocrinology and women’s health.
As she prepares a personalized treatment plan to address the unique medical needs of each patient, Dr Tompkins incorporates such modalities as therapeutic nutrition, botanical medicine, natural hormone therapy, professional quality supplements, functional medicine lab testing and interpretation and motivational lifestyle counseling to help patients restore and strengthen their own health.
Disclaimer: The webinars may present information that does not fully reflect Hawthorn University’s philosophy. Nonetheless, these presentations have been chosen because of their overall quality of information.
For a copy of the PDF presentation used in this webinar, click here.