WEBINAR - Archives
- Category: Webinar Archives
- Created on Thursday, 09 June 2016
Pre-Webinar Announcements and Interview with Nishanga Bliss: 00:00 - 10:50
Presentation: 10:50 - 01:29:44
What does holistic health or holistic nutrition really mean? Join Nishanga for a thought-provoking exploration of the meaning of holism, a historical perspective on the world’s traditional healing systems and a look at the evolution of our modern paradigms of health and the body. A journey from the microcosm to the macrocosm, this webinar will inform your holistic health practice and enable you to speak more meaningfully to your clients about what you offer as a holistic nutrition professional.
• Define holism and holistic health
• Understand the basic principles of holistic health
• Describe the prehistoric and historic development of medicine, including nutritional science
• Compare several paradigms of medicine and healing
• Articulate an ethos of practice for holistic nutrition
Hawthorn University Holistic Health and Nutrition Webinar Series welcomes alumni Nishanga Bliss, D.Sc., L.Ac., for her presentation of Mind, Body, Spirit, Planet: What is Holistic Health?
Nishanga Bliss, D.Sc., L.Ac., is a holistic doctor with over 20 years of experience integrating Chinese and Western medicine with holistic nutrition. A Hawthorn graduate, she teaches and practices at the Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College and Bauman College in Berkeley. Her book, Real Food All Year, came out in 2012. To find out more about her philosophy on living and eating well, check out her recent interview in Edible East Bay:
For a copy of the slide presentation used in this webinar, email .